Monday, April 23, 2007

I Murdered My Water Cowgirl Dream

It was in a moment of madness, a moment of spiritual mayhem, unpardonable by law of human forgivenes or compassion. It was a sin against the self and against all the self stood for.



I ... Biff Mitchell, the sad husk of humanity displayed to the left ... own the domain name watercowgirl.com.


What could any red-blooded man born of human flesh want more in life than the right to say, "Yes, I owne watercowgirl.com. Galaxies have gone to war over less. Mythologies have enacted noble deeds and created timeless heroes and heroines in the name of lesser domains.


And I owned it. It was mine. All mine! And what did I do? Why, I tried to sell it. But it was for a good cause. I wanted to sell it in the name of my art.


Turned out ... I really didn't need to sell it, after all. All I needed to do was suffer more. All I needed to do was bare my soul, swallow my pride, forgo any kind of life, go deeper into debt, neglect my health, lose all my friends, alienate my son and my daughter, kick my cat, turn my back on sobriety, lose contact with the real world, and ... well, let's not get inot the really tough stuff. In brief, I managed to complete Murder by Burger without having to sell off watercowgirl.com.


So, now I have a finished novel that nobody wants to read and a domain name that nobody wants to buy. Life is good.

No comments: